- Prime Cattle Sales are conducted every Tuesday starting at 8:30 am. Curfew is Monday at 10:30 pm.
- Store Cattle Sales are held on the second Thursday of each month beginning at 10:00am. Curfew is the day before the Sale at 10:00 pm.
- Sheep Sales are conducted every second Tuesday at 1.30 pm. Curfew is 11:00 am on Sale Day.
Restrictions are currently enforced and will remain in place until further notice.
Masks are mandatory for all people within the selling area.
Access to selling area will be allowed for:
- Essential saleyard staff
- Essential agency staff and accredited agents
- Buyers with a genuine intent to purchase and who have been approved by an operating agent or the site
- Vendors with livestock in the sale
Transporters and the general public are not able to access the selling area whilst the auction is in progress.
Inverell Regional Livestock Exchange (IRLX) is located approximately 4 kilometres from the centre of Inverell, along Yetman Road. The privately owned facility was taken over in May 2012 and is managed and operated by Regional Infrastructure Pty Ltd.
The IRLX facility holds a weekly Prime market and fortnightly Sheep market. Boasting one of only three sheep weighbridges in Australia, the sheep market continues to remain strong with prime lambs being key to the New England area. Weaner Sales are held predominantly during April and March of each year.