- Prime Cattle Sales are conducted weekly on a Tuesday starting at 8 am. Curfew is Monday at 9.00 pm.
- Store Cattle Sales are conducted on the first, second and fourth Thursday of each month starting at 10.30 am. Curfew is the Wednesday at 9.00 pm.
Stage 2 restrictions are enforced and will remain in place until further notice.
Access to site will be allowed for:
- Essential saleyard staff
- Essential agency staff and accredited agents
- Genuine buyers with a true intent to purchase.
- Livestock transporters.
- MLA Livestock Market Officers
- EUCAS, NSQA and relevant auditors
- Media reporters including their camer/video operators may attend for the purpose of reporting on and promoting saleyard operations
- Vendors with livestock in the yarding (noting first preference admission for essential attendees and vendors allowed to attend if allowable within the social distancing requirements).
Access will not be granted for the general public.
NVLX is the largest cattle selling centre in Victoria with recorded throughput in excess of 253,000 head of cattle in 2006-2007 and a ten year throughput average in excess of 205,000 and a record sale in January 2007 of over 7000 cattle sold in one day.
NVLX is positioned in a region that has a reputation as a natural hub for cattle breeding, backgrounding, fattening and feedlots, is ideally placed on major livestock transport networks to all areas of Victoria and New South Wales and has a very strong agency base with diversity of corporate and private companies.
NVLX conducts Quarterly Advisory Committee Meetings. Click here for Meeting Schedule and Agendas.